Washington Grade School – School was located on 233 Leadley Avenue. District #86 purchased lots 7-10 and 29-32 of Hillandale Re-survey from East Peoria High School District #309 on May 2, 1939 and opened Washington School the following year. An addition was added in 1947 and a gymnasium in 1962. Washington School was closed and converted to district administrative offices in 1981. The building and property was sold to Head Start at public auction October 15, 1998.
Compiled by East Peoria Historical Society