Tripp School – This school was a one room located on east side of Cole Hollow Road at the top of the hill and was named after Charles W. Tripp who owned almost 300 acres in the area. The Trustees of Schools of town ship 25 north range 4 west(Groveland Township) purchased one acre of ground in the south-west quarter of section 4 on July 31, 1902 for the inhabitants of School District #2. District #2 also contained Gerber Grade School and became District #76 on July 1, 1901. The purchase was made from Nina and Edward Cole and Myrtle and Frank Gift for the sum of $100. The school may have existed prior to this date because the Coles and Gifts had purchased the entire Tripp property from Charles Tripp’s heirs eleven months earlier, and it is reasonable to assume Charles Tripp had allowed prior use of the land for the school, hence his name attached to it. A 1920’s East Peoria newspaper article mentions McClallen and Brickyard Schools; Brickyard may have been referring to this school because of its proximity to the brickyards below the hill. The school housed grades one through eight until it was reduced to grades six, seven and eight following the construction of Vicic Grade School in 1937. At that time Alexander and Carneno taught there. The school closed with the opening of LaSalle Grade School, and on June 4, 1948, Leo L. McKee, whose wife Etta taught at Vicic Grade School, purchased the property, following a public auction. Robert Snoke who attended there in 1944 through 1946, also helped Leo McKee remodel the school into a residence and later rented the home in 1954 when he returned from the service. Snoke relates the story about a classmate of his that had been in school so long he was drafted while in the fifth grade during WWII. The structure remains today as a private residence at 2575 Cole Hollow Road.