Richland Grade School – Richland was located at 100 Globe Street. Lots 595, 596, 597, 598 and 599 in Richland Place subdivision were purchased by District #86 on January 4, 1926 and an room school was built in 1927. An addition was added in 1951. In 1970 the school was closed because of declining enrollment. Purchased by Robert Rice in 1984 from UAW The structure was demolished in September 2010 after only being used for storage following it closure.
Compiled by East Peoria Historical Society