Highway Village School – On April 10, 1933 George G. Ziegle sold lots 89 and 90 to School District #85 and Highway Village School was constructed at 1325 Meadows Avenue. It served as the second school in District # 85 until petitions were presented June 13, 1949 for annexing parts of sections 26, 34, 35 and 36 of Fondulac Township to School District #86. With the acceptance of these petitions, Highway Village School became part of District #86. This school was replaced in 1951 by Woodrow Wilson. The old school building and lots 89 and 90 of Highway Village Subdivision were sold the Church of the Nazarene on June 20, 1955 for the sum of $2,500.
Compiled by Frank Borror – September 2014